Over 105,000 jobs are available in the railroad field, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. A well-organized resume is a perfect way to make a powerful first impression with a hiring manager, and a resume that highlights experience in the railroad industry is a great way to distinguish yourself from other applicants.
Organizations in need of experienced railroad employees are looking for someone with a high work ethic and team leadership abilities. Listing examples of problem resolution skills or strategic planning experience can help an employer understand your valuable skill set. Generally, a high school diploma is the minimal requirement, so showcase any additional education you may have.
Check out the experienced railroad resume template below for more ideas on building your own compelling document.Create Resume
123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 Cell: 000-000-0000
Adaptable transportation management professional and entrepreneur with 22 + years experience overseeing transportation operations ,safety and regulatory compliance. Excellent work ethics with strong leadership and management skills. Proven ability to access operational capabilities, create and implement process improvements, and streamline operations for business efficiency.
Company Name March 1991 to June 2013 Terminal Manager/Agent
- Terminal Manager for Distribution Center located on Arkansas Midland Railroad
- Responsible for safety training and implementing safety programs
- Worked as agent and trained incoming agents on RMI/New Look System
- Familiar with UPRR/BNSF online programs
- Responsible for monthly financial and yearly budget reports
- Marketing – Company awarded Jake Award in Marketing for securing large aluminum account
- Strong customer service skills
- Warehouse/Inventory control
- Transportation and dispatching
- Participated in several UP customer service conferences
Company Name November 1988 to Current Owner
- Owner of small trucking company with 4 drivers
- Safety/DOT regulations
- Financial reports including payroll
- State and federal filings
- Maintenance records for all equipment
- Inventory for all parts and supplies
Arkansas Midland Railroad Santa Train – 1998 – current
Helped develop major activity in community to help supply needy
children of the area with toys and a visit from Santa. Responsible
for raising finances, co-ordinate stops and activities.
Santa Train Golf Tournament – 2012 – current
Co-organizer of event to involve community to help sponsor and raise
money and toys for the Santa Train