Finding a job in customer service requires a strong resume that shows off your biggest accomplishments and most relevant skills in the industry. Creating an engaging resume requires the proper writing and formatting skills. These skills ensure your resume is easy to read and includes the proper information in the right order. One of the best ways to write an impressive resume is to study resume samples and writing tips. To help you start writing your own professional document, we gathered some of the best customer service resume samples available. Below, we explain exactly what makes these samples such excellent learning tools.
Customer Service Resume Samples
Retail sales associate jobs have a high turnover rate, which means jobs in the industry are nearly always available. However, dozens of other hopefuls are usually vying for the same position, which means your resume needs to stand out. A strong resume, such as these customer service resume samples, that shows off your experience in the industry and above-average customer service skills will take you further.
- New or experienced retail sales associates who are seeking seasonal, full-, or part-time work in a department store, boutique, or another business related to the retail industry.
- Customer Service Skills To Include:
- Knowledgeable in inventory procedures
- Hands-on experience using multiple popular POS programs
- Performs well under pressure and when dealing with complaints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, energetic, and always willing to go the extra mile
More Information:Check out our retail sales associate resume sample for more information.
Call center supervisors often benefit from using customer service resume samples. A well-written resume is essential for jobseekers who want to take on a supervisory position within a company. A high-quality resume shows the company you are serious about the position. It is especially helpful for displaying your skills if you have acted as a supervisor in the past.
- Customer service representatives who wish to advance within the company or industry as well as anyone who has supervisory experience in a similar industry and wishes to transition to call center work.
- Customer Service Skills To Include:
- Strong attention to details involving processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal-oriented with the ability to motivate
- Friendly and compassionate with strong customer service skills
- Highly organized and able to stay on task
More Information:Use our call center supervisor resume sample to help you create your own.
The medical industry is highly competitive, and it is no different if you’re trying to find employment as a medical receptionist. To get your foot in the door as a medical receptionist, you need a well-formatted and well-written resume that focuses on your experience and education related to the industry.
- Medical receptionists who are just entering the field and need to focus on their education, as well as established medical receptionists who have experience and wish to find employment with a new company.
- Customer Service Skills To Include:
- Ability to multi-task by talking to customers while using a computer
- Excellent phone demeanor that is friendly and helpful
- Highly organized and knowledgeable in the industry
- Experienced in Microsoft products and several phone-answering systems
- Outgoing, positive-minded individual who puts people at ease
More Information:Study our medical receptionist resume sample for more help creating your own.
A call center representative is the voice of the company, which makes a standout resume more important than ever. Although call centers often have high turnover rates, they also see dozens of applications, so the competition is still stiff. A look at the customer service resume samples can be helpful.
- A call center representative resume is best for entry-level or established representatives who are just entering the field or who wish to switch companies. It is also an excellent choice for retail workers who want to transition to call center work.
- Customer Service Skills To Include:
- Maintains control while carrying on a phone conversation
- Experienced with multiple CRM tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and overcome unexpected issues
More Information:Are you ready to create your own professional resume? Turn to our call center representative resume sample for help.
Being bilingual automatically gives you an advantage in customer service, but you still need a strong resume to stand out. Use a resume to show off your abilities and experience in both speaking a foreign language and working as a customer service representative.
- Anyone who is already experienced but has acquired new skills as a bilingual representative as well as anyone who is already bilingual but just starting out in the customer service industry.
- Customer Service Skills To Include:
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Ability to identify customer needs and perform the necessary tasks to keep them satisfied
- Highly organized and able to maintain current customer files
- Strong sales skills with the ability to upsell many customers
- Pleasant demeanor that keeps customers happy while they shop or talk on the phone with you
More Information:Visit our bilingual customer service representative resume sample for help creating your own.
Popular Customer Service Resume Questions
Customer service representatives are the voice of a company and have the job of answering questions and addressing concerns and complaints. For this reason, communication skills are some of the most important to include on your resume. When mentioning your written and oral communication skills, it is also important to verify that you can be diplomatic and know how to diffuse situations and retain customers. Other skills that look excellent on a customer service resume include knowledge or experience using point of sale systems or customer management systems, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to take orders, do basic math, and type at an average words-per-minute rate. Sales skills are often beneficial as well.2. What goes in the header of a customer service resume?
Customer service resume samples typically include basic information in their headers, and yours should follow suit. Older practices involved including as much contact information as possible, but today’s recruiters prefer a more streamlined approach. The most important information to add to your header is your full name, city and state, and a phone number. Be sure the phone number has a professional-sounding voicemail message and that you can access it easily. If desired, you may also include a professional email address and a link to your LinkedIn account.3. How do I list references on a customer service resume?
Whether working in customer service or any other industry, it is considered unprofessional to add references directly to your resume since it clutters the look and takes away from more important information. Instead of providing references on your resume, create a separate document for them. Don’t send them to the recruiter unless specifically asked, though. You can always print out a copy to bring to your interview in case the hiring manager asks for references.4. How can I separate my customer service resume from other candidates’ resumes?
One thing you’ll notice on the best customer service resume samples is quantitative information. The best way to make your resume stand out from others’ resumes is to prove your accomplishments. It isn’t enough to say you “raised sales” at a previous position. Instead, provide a percentage or dollar amount by which you raised sales, perhaps with a brief description of how you did it.5. How do I write a summary statement for a customer service resume?
Focus on creating between four and six lines of text when writing a summary statement for your customer service resume. You can look at customer service resume samples for a guide. Think of these lines as your “sales pitch” since they are likely the first thing a recruiter will read. Typically, the first sentence will detail your job title and the years of experience you have. The second sentence will focus on one major accomplishment or a couple of hard skills related to the industry. The final sentence will list two or three relevant soft skills. Remember to write in third person. Sentence fragments are acceptable and allow you to add more relevant information in such a short space.
How to write a Customer Service Resume
Customer service takes in a number of different jobs. As such, candidates in this field need to make sure to customize their customer service resumes appropriately to each position applied for. Generally speaking, the sample customer service resume outline listed here is relevant in most situations. Some customer service resume samples are available on the web, and they may be able to provide additional useful tips regarding inclusions, but they may not always have the most optimum structure. The following structure is recommended for your customer service resume:
At the top you should include your full name followed by your contact details. This needs to include telephone numbers (landline and cell phone) email address that you can be reached at and your home address. Students can put in both their home address and address at university.
An objective is helpful for a customer service resume of a more junior candidate. An objective is a sentence which states what your goal is and what you are working toward. It is important to target these at the job to which you are applying, otherwise your potential employer will assume that you are sending out resumes at random to a lot of jobs and that you are not specifically interested in their job really. This customer service resume sample suggests that you include an objective that reads something like:
Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with a passion for learning and a desire to work in customer service seeks entry level job in the fashion industry.
Customer service candidates with more experience should consider including a powerful profile at the top of their customer service resume. A profile is made up of four concise sentences which provide an overview of the candidate’s most relevant skills and experience to date, as they relate to this position. It must be tailored each time. Sample customer service resumes include profiles such as:
Talented customer service manager with more than 10 years experience managing customer service in the retail industry. Flexible leader with the ability to manage and motivate large diverse teams to achieve challenging goals on tight budgets. Expert in customer service principles who has mastered customer retention and can create processes to improve this key metric. Strategic communicator who thinks on his feet to deal with issues efficiently and effectively.
Your profile commands an important spot on your resume. It falls on the top third of the first page, which is where the employer will naturally look first. A strong profile stands your resume a much greater chance of making the “yes” pile than a resume that pays little attention to this area of a customer service resume.
This sample customer service resume demonstrates how keywords should be worked into your customer service resume profile to increase the chances of your resume being found when an employer searches for those words on job websites. Here, keyword examples included are “customer retention” and “customer service manager”. Keywords are covered in more detail below.
Customer service employees with greater work experience might also benefit from listing out some key skills in their customer service resume. A great chance to include more keywords in a resume, our sample customer service resume suggests that include your key skills in this way:
- Customer Services Supervisory Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Training and Development for CSRs
- Developing Customer Service Reports
- Call Center Process Improvement
- Budget Management
Customer Service Education
Your education section needs to be listed in reverse chronological order so you should begin with your most recent position. Specific customer service qualifications should definitely be included. In your education section, include: subject/s studied, educational institutes attended and their locations, graduation dates and also any professional qualifications completed.
Customer Service Work Experience
Customer service work experience must also be listed in reverse chronological order. Focus as much as possible on customer service skills and specific achievements that demonstrate these sorts of skills. If you just list responsibilities your resume will not be processed further. This sample customer service resume recommends you do it like this:
- Improved customer retention by 30% by introducing new call center processes to reduce time spent waiting by customers.
- Developed new approach for training customer service staff to ensure that the staff was better prepared for issues, reducing errors by 15%.
Or for a less senior customer service resume:
- Proactively suggested new shorter customer call script for the help center which was taken up by the management team and implemented.
In writing your bullet points, consider using strong words that really best illustrate your achievements and involvement. Here, we’ve used “Improved”, “Developed”, and “Proactively”. Using action verbs at the start of your bullets will better emphasize your abilities.
Recent graduates seeking roles in a customer service environment may include relevant activities that demonstrate how they performed customer service tasks. More experienced customer service managers may list memberships of professional organizations or leadership positions held outside of work.
Customer service resumes should contain keywords that employers will search for in their search for a candidate. A high quality sample customer service resume will include a number of suitable keywords and phrases which could include phrases such as customer satisfaction, customer retention, processes or efficiency, depending on the specific job.
The above is a clear example of how sample customer service resumes are best structured and the way to write them for high chances of success. For those still at school, your university may also be able to provide you with sample customer service resumes to consider. From this page you can find sample resumes to get you started.
Available Sample Resumes
- Account Coordinator Resume Sample
- Account Manager Resume Sample
- Account Representative Resume Sample
- Bellman Resume Sample
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
- Call Center Representative Resume Sample
- Call Center Representative Resume Template
- Call Center Supervisor Resume Sample
- Call Center Supervisor Resume Template
- Cashier Resume Sample
- Cashier Resume Template
- Client Relations Manager Resume Sample
- Client Service Specialist Resume Sample
- Client Services Representative Resume Sample
- Concierge Resume Sample
- Customer Care Associate Resume Sample
- Customer Care Manager Resume Sample
- Customer Care Representative Resume Sample
- Customer Care Supervisor Resume Sample
- Customer Service Account Coordinator Resume Template
- Customer Service Account Manager Resume Template
- Customer Service Account Representative Resume Template
- Customer Service Agent Resume Sample
- Customer Service Agent Resume Template
- Customer Service Associate Resume Sample
- Customer Service Bellman Resume Template
- Customer Service Clerk Resume
- Customer Service Client Relations Manager Resume Template
- Customer Service Concierge Resume Template
- Customer Service Customer Care Representative Resume Template
- Customer Service Customer Service Associate Resume Template
- Customer Service Engineer Resume Sample
- Customer Service Front Desk Associate Resume Template
- Customer Service Help Desk Technician Resume Template
- Customer Service Hostess Resume Template
- Customer Service Human Resources Resume
- Customer Service Lead Resume Sample
- Customer Service Lead Resume Template
- Customer Service Manager Resume
- Customer Service Manager Resume 2
- Customer Service Medical Receptionist Resume Template
- Customer Service Professional Resume
- Customer Service Recruiter Resume
- Customer Service Representative Resume
- Customer Service Representative Resume 2
- Customer Service Representative Resume 3
- Customer Service Representative Resume 4
- Customer Service Representative Resume 5
- Customer Service Resume 4
- Customer Service Sales Assistant Resume Template
- Customer Service Sales Coordinator Resume Template
- Customer Service Specialist Resume
- Customer Support Specialist Resume Sample
- Customer Support Specialist Resume Template
- Dispatcher Resume Sample
- Dispatcher Resume Template
- Duty Manager Resume Sample
- Front Desk Agent Resume Sample
- Front Desk Agent Resume Template
- Front Desk Associate Resume Sample
- Front Desk Coordinator Resume Sample
- Front Desk Coordinator Resume Template
- Front Desk Manager Resume Sample
- Front Desk Manager Resume Template
- Front Desk Receptionist Resume Sample
- Front Desk Receptionist Resume Template
- Guest Service Agent Resume Sample
- Guest Service Agent Resume Sample
- Guest Service Representative Resume Sample
- Guest Service Representative Resume Template
- Help Desk Support Resume Sample
- Help Desk Support Resume Template
- Help Desk Technician Resume Sample
- Hostess Resume Sample
- Investment Assistant Resume Sample
- Medical Receptionist Resume Sample
- Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample
- Patient Care Coordinator Resume Template
- Retail Associate Resume Sample
- Retail Associate Resume Template
- Retail Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Retail Sales Associate Resume Template
- Sales Assistant Resume Sample
- Sales Coordinator Resume Sample
- Sample Customer Service Air Transportation Resume Sample
- Sample Customer Service Resume 1 Sample
- Sample Customer Service Resume 2 Sample
- Sample Customer Service Resume 3 Sample
- Senior Customer Service Resume
- Service Administrator Resume Sample
- Service Advisor Resume Sample
- Service Advisor Resume Template
- Service Consultant Resume Sample
- Teller Resume Sample
- Teller Resume Template
- Transaction Coordinator Resume Sample
- Transaction Coordinator Resume Template