There are plenty of jobs in IT, but when it comes to actually landing a position, knowing where to start, especially concerning your resume, is tough. The best way to show employers you have what it takes and the experience to back it up is by drafting an impeccable document that effectively showcases your qualifications, work experience, and job-related skills.
If you’re ready to develop a submission that helps you get noticed, start the process by going over our IT resume samples. These samples act as points of reference you can refer to throughout the drafting process as you decide which information to include, format this essential document, and fine-tune the final outcome.
IT Resume Samples
As an IT professional, you probably know more about solving technological issues than drafting a resume. However, you still need to impress future employers if you want to land a new job, and the best place to start is with a readable and professional document. Instead of spending valuable time debating about what to include in your resume, review our IT resume samples to get yours off to a stellar start.
- Entry- to mid-level IT professionals who have experience helping customers with technological problems and answering queries.
- IT Skills To Include:
- Technical troubleshooting and hardware installs
- Phone and online support
- Problem diagnosis and LAN connectivity
- Complaint handling
- Offshore team collaboration
More Information: Go through and review our IT help desk technician resume sample for further information.
To be successful in the tech industry, you must prove you have extensive knowledge of technological systems and how to fix, install, and manage them. Your resume should showcase these skills and illustrate to employers that out of all the other applicants, you are among the best one to hire. Try using one of our IT resume samples to go off of, so you can get right back to managing technological systems.
- Mid-level to advanced IT professionals who possess a wide range of skills managing and fixing data systems.
- IT Skills To Include:
- Systems and network administration
- Programming and scripting
- User training and support
- Mixed-platform systems and environments
- Server repair and administration
More Information: Find out more about what your own submission should include by taking a look at our systems administrator resume sample
Popular IT Resume Questions
The best design for your IT resume depends on what type of message you are trying to send an employer. For example, if you are trying to say you are innovative and cutting-edge, a more modern resume template might be best. Comparatively, if you are applying for a management position that requires you to put your best foot forward, you might want to stick with a more classic design. Our IT resume samples feature multiple templates you can try out before you solidify this essential document.2. What’s the best way to include digital skills on an IT resume?
There are two ways you can include your digital skills on your resume. First, you can simply list them under the skills section of your resume along with the other professional abilities you possess, such as communication, organization, etc. Or, under your work experience section, you can include mentions of how you used your digital acumen to enhance your performance in a prior position. You can also combine these two approaches, which is beneficial if you are applying for an IT job.3. What sections should I include in my IT resume?
There are a few main sections every resume should include: contact information, skills, work experience, and education. You can also include an objective/summary statement or hobbies section, depending on if you have room and on the type of position you are applying for. Check out our IT resume samples to find out what sections other candidates included in their resume, and then use them as a guide as you outline the sections of your own resume.4. How can I separate my IT resume from other candidates’ resumes?
When it comes to setting your resume apart from others, the design of this document plays a big role. Plan on using a template to effectively outline your information and ensure all sections are properly balanced with enough text and white space. You should also read through your document several times before submitting it to ensure it is free of typos and other errors. A resume riddled with mistakes can make a bad impression on hiring managers and compromise your chances of getting an interview.5. What should go in the experience section of my IT resume?
The main thing that should go in the experience section of your resume is your prior employment experiences. Every position you list should include several bullet points that outline what duties you were responsible for and the goals you achieved. Make sure that you only include work experiences relevant to the position you are applying for.
If you are a recent graduate or entry-level candidate, know that you can combine your work experiences with projects or internships. For example, if you were an intern for a small business managing their data systems, you could include this under the experience section of your submission, even if you weren’t technically an employee during your time there.
Writing the Developer Resume Template
The corporate world is filled with creative professionals developing new ideas to solve problems. The field of software innovation has become one of the more prominent areas for creative people to thrive. If you want hiring managers to give you the job you have always wanted, then your Developer resume template should indicate your broad array of creative and useful skills.
Resume Template for Developer
Creative Developer that brings strong analytical skills together with a demand for quality and functionality. Committed to competent project management at all levels, developing solutions for the most pressing problems and developing software applications that will help the company to become an industry leader. Demands the very best from every member of a development team in every situation.
- Visual Basic & C++ Certified
- Rapid Application Design
- WebSphere Certified Developer
- IBM & Sun Hardware Certified
- Prototyping Project Approach
- Critical Analysis
Developer, May 2007 – May 2015
Granted Incorporated – New Cityland, CA
- Responsible for the successful design and completion of several enterprise integration platform projects.
- Assisted in the development of several web-based customer interaction applications that are still used.
- Part of a team that helped to bring down the software development budget by 21% while delivering high quality applications.
Quality Assurance Associate, June 1995 – May 2007
Preston Corporation – New Cityland, CA
- Responsible for tracking all application errors prior to final release.
- Assisted in troubleshooting networking applications.
- Created several innovative application development tools.
1995 Master’s Degree, Information Systems
Grecian University – New Cityland, CA
IT Resume Samples
- .Net Developer Resume Template
- Application Developer Resume Template
- Application Support Analyst Resume Template
- Chief Information Officer Resume Template
- Chief Technology Officer Resume Template
- Database Administrator Resume Template
- Director Of Technology Resume Template
- Information Technology Director Resume Template
- Information Technology Manager Resume Template
- IT Help Desk Technician Resume Template
- IT Network Engineer Resume Template
- IT Programmer Analyst Resume Template
- IT Programmer Resume Template
- IT Security Specialist Resume Template
- IT Software Engineer Resume Template
- IT Support Specialist Resume Template
- IT Technical Support Engineer Resume Template
- IT Web Developer Resume Template
- Java Developer Resume Template
- Network Architect Resume Template
- Senior Web Developer Resume Template
- Systems Administrator Resume Template
- Systems Analyst Resume Template
- Technical Support Specialist Resume Template
- Webmaster Resume Template