123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
Program Manager adept at managing various aspects of programs from beginning to end. Accomplish human resource objectives and communicate job expectations. Specialize in planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions and making any changes necessary to increase productivity.
- Strategic plans
- Identify trends
- System improvements
- Financial objectives
- Forecast requirements
- Professional publications
ExperienceProgram Manager, April 2012 — Present
Company Name, City, State
- Recruit, select, orient, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees as necessary.
- Plan and review compensation actions and enforce program policies and procedures.
- Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews to archive operational objectives.
- Implement production, quality, productivity and customer service standards for the company.
- Identify and determine system improvements and implement any necessary changes.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, preparing an annual budget, initiating corrective actions and analyzing variances.
Program Manager, August 2008 — May 2012
Company Name, City, State
- Accepted ownership for accomplishing new and different requests to enhance department and organizational reputation.
- Explored opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and participated in professional organizations to encourage growth.
- Participated in education opportunities to update job knowledge and stay updated on the latest technologies and innovations in the industry.
- Developed and maintained personal networks and read professional publications.
- Created a clear and detailed plan to ensure that the program was feasible and didn’t veer off course.
Education2008 Bachelor of Science, Business Management
University of California — City, State
Program Manager Resume Questions
What’s the best resume template to use for a program manager resume?
A resume is one of the most important aspects of applying for a job, and using the right template helps to bring focus to the content and shows you are a serious jobseeker. Typically, the best template is one that looks clean and uncluttered. A simple format, which you can see in a program manager resume sample, allows your skills and experience to stand out. Use our resume builder to effortlessly create an effective-looking document.
What should you do to make sure your program manager resume makes it past an ATS?
Hiring managers typically come across a large number of resumes they are responsible for sorting through. Many of them use Applicant Tracking Systems to help with the process. An ATS takes your resume and compares it to industry-related keywords and other information, and if yours ranks high, it goes through to the employer.
There are a number of things you can do to ensure your document stands out. Peruse the job posting to pick out certain words and phrases to include in your resume. It may also help to format your page centrally because an ATS usually scans the document in a vertical manner. While a program manager resume sample can guide you through the basics of constructing your resume, use the job description for each individual position to your advantage.
What’s the best way to list certifications on your program manager resume?
As a program manager, you may have a number of certifications or other professional training. If they are relevant to the job you are seeking, list them under a certification section so they are prominent. Use bullet points to focus the information, and list entries from most to least recent. As a program manager resume sample demonstrates, include the name of the designation and location and date of attainment.
How do you list education on a program manager resume?
A management position typically calls for someone with an educated background. Include pertinent information in the education section so you can show the hiring manager you qualify for the job.
List your most recent degree first and any additional ones in descending order. Include the degree name and school location. Do not include the date of completion or your GPA. However, feel free to list honors or relevant coursework that may help. As you can see in a program manager resume sample, this is also where you can add professional seminars or other training that points out your strengths and gives you a leg up over others.
How do you list references on a program manager resume?
Leave out a references section in your resume, as the employer will ask you if he or she would like your references’ contact information. A program manager resume sample also demonstrates you should not add the phrase “references available upon request” because this takes up space that you can use for more important information.