123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
UI Designer competent at creating user-friendly interfaces with an easily navigable design. Translates high-level requirements into necessary interaction flows and artifacts. Specializes in creating clean, artful designs that are both intuitive and functional.
- Eye for design
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of colors and hues
- Strong command of technical language
- Innovative thinker
ExperienceUI Designer, April 2012 — Present
Company Name — City, State
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows, story boards and site maps for websites.
- Perform rapid prototyping by utilizing extensive knowledge of programming languages.
- Execute visual design stages from inception to final product hand-off to engineer.
- Present and rationalize design conceptions to peers and executive stakeholders.
- Conceptualize original design ideas and expand upon them to bring simplicity and user-friendliness into them.
- Conduct research on users and gather data pertaining to user related feedback and suggestions.
UI Designer, August 2008 — May 2012
Company Name — City, State
- Drafted innovative designs for the purpose of maximizing aesthetic appearance of websites while still maintaining key user-friendly elements.
- Established and promoted best design practices and standards for others on the design team to follow in order to achieve a cohesive design throughout the website.
- Documented user interactions across the extensive network of systems the company provided online.
Education2008 Bachelor of Science, Interaction Design
University of California — City, State
UI Designer Resume Questions
What is the best design for a UI designer resume?
Just like with the user interfaces you design, you want your resume to have a fun, engaging look while remaining simple, intuitive, effortlessly functional, and highly usable. To achieve this, you need a resume design that shows off your creative skills while keeping information organization straightforward and simple.
Opt for a resume design that’s high on content and low on embellishments. Use white space elegantly to frame your content, and add minimal color accents that reflect your taste and flair. For a look at how to structure a modern resume design, try our UI designer resume sample.
How do you write a summary statement for a UI designer resume?
While some simply include their years of experience in a summary statement, you’ll do yourself a disservice if you don’t take this advantage to introduce yourself as a candidate and make a connection with readers. Your summary statement should present a pitch that sells your value to potential employers and states your greatest strengths.
Take a look at our UI designer resume sample. Follow this example to craft three sentences or bullet points that outline why employers should hire you. Focus on skills employers requested in job advertisements, and demonstrate how you exemplify those skills.
Which skills are the best to list on a UI designer resume?
Speaking of skills, let’s talk about yours. As a creative professional, you want to focus on skills such as user pathways and menu design, but as a technical professional, you want to look at skills such as back-end integration and loading optimization.
To find the right balance of skills, harvest key phrases from target jobs and mix them liberally in your opening summary and skill keywords section. To see how best to optimize this section, review our UI designer resume sample. Our resume builder can also walk you, step-by-step, through creating your resume.
If you’ve never held a UI designer job before, how do you make a UI designer resume?
Looking for your first job? You’ll have some tough competition, but this is your opportunity to shine. Even if you’ve never worked in UI design, you can still show off your design skills and accomplishments by discussing university projects or freelance work. Fill your work experience with breakdowns of innovative projects you worked on during school or for independent purposes.
You can also use community involvement if you need more to show your work ethic. For more inspiration, review our UI designer resume sample. Evaluate the skills in the sample, and think of how you can demonstrate these skills.
How do you list awards on your UI designer resume?
How you list awards depends on who granted those awards. If you received awards from your employer or from external bodies for work done for your employer, then you can list your awards as achievements similar to the ones in our UI designer resume sample.
If you won awards from external bodies for independent work, however, you may need to make a separate awards section. Evaluate how much space this would take up when determining which awards to mention, and use only the most prestigious with widespread industry recognition.