Your professional CV acts as your calling card for a prospective job interview. It is the first chance to make a positive impression with a hiring manager, so you need to make your CV the best it can be. This inbound call center agent cv template will show you how to create a synergy between the position’s job description and your CV, giving you the best chance possible at moving onto the next stage in the job search.
Inbound Call Center Agent CV Template
Azuza, California 11111
E: amasterson@anymail P: 555-555-3434
Experienced customer service professional seeking a position where I can provide the best customer service possible in order to delight the customer and attract a loyal following. Excellent customer service skills. Consistently professional and friendly with customers and coworkers alike. Savvy to upselling strategies and value-added strategies. Quick learner and adept at adjusting to change in a fast-paced work environment. Work well alone or with others.
Customer Service Agent
2016 – Present
- Answer phone calls courteously for an auto repair service, listen to the issues the customers have with their cars, and establish what their scheduling needs are.
- Route calls to particular service representatives who specialize in the issues that customers have with their vehicles to expedite and resolve the calls.
- Retrieve customer records in the computer system, enter service notes, and send the links to the service representatives when transferring the calls.
- Reschedule customer appointments according to the repair service’s protocol.
2014 – 2016
- Received clothing and other textile items to be dry cleaned, accurately recording customer comments about item stains and the type of cleaning service desired.
- Operated the cash register and gave customers pick up information, offering expedited service when appropriate.
- Provided customers with cleaned and repaired clothing, making sure that all items in the order were accurate.
- Made suggestions regarding optional services to enhance the cleanliness or quality of the soiled textile.
2013 – 2014
- Listened to customer food orders and accurately filled them.
- Built sandwiches to customer preferences.
- Operated the cash register and received payments.
- Cleaned tables and countertops to ensure a pleasant store environment.
High School Diploma, Azuza High School, Azuza, California 2014
- Excellent verbal communication with both coworkers and customers, maintaining friendliness and teamwork consistently
- Quick and accurate data entry ability and customer service
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask while listening to customer concerns
- Agile at utilizing customer service knowledge in order to delight the customer
- Extremely focused problem solver who brings issues to full resolution
In my leisure time, I enjoy fitness cross training and kickboxing. To give back to the community, I volunteer two times a month at the local food shelf. My duties there include stocking shelves and helping food shelf customers shop for the items they need. I like being able to provide the less fortunate with the highest level of customer service as I feel it helps them raise their self-esteem.
Inbound Call Center Agent Resume Questions
What is the best design for an inbound call center agent resume?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that call center job openings will increase by 5% between now and 2026. Since hiring managers will likely find themselves bombarded with resumes, yours must be easily readable so they can quickly see your most compelling qualifications.
As seen in our inbound call center agent resume sample, a simple design looks attractive and allows you to focus on your content without overcrowding the page. Reverse chronological order is still a preferred format, especially if your career path is straightforward and you have no employment gaps. If you need help getting started, use our Resume Now resume builder for effortless document creation.
Which skills are the best to list on an inbound call center agent resume?
Call center representatives use hard and soft skills to deliver excellent customer service. As you’ll notice on the inbound call center agent resume sample, excellent written and oral communication is a must, especially when blended with diplomacy, negotiation, and conflict resolution. Critical-thinking leads to problem-solving, a central component to fulfilling the needs of your employer’s customers. Finally, vital hard skills can include foreign language fluency, software proficiencies, and typing speed. Whatever you include, be sure to tie these abilities to real results in your work history, and mention quantifiable metrics whenever possible.
What’s the best way to include digital skills on an inbound call center agent resume?
Few call centers operate without customer relationship management (CRM) systems or helpdesk ticket tracking software. Not only that, you’ve probably depended on office productivity software and other special applications to do your job. Be sure to incorporate these in the Qualifications section near the top of your document, and list them exactly as they appear in the original job posting. Look to our inbound call center agent resume sample to guide your own formatting.
What’s the best way to list certifications on your inbound call center agent resume?
Adding a Certifications section to your resume is both a practical and strategic move. It calls specific attention to the certifications and licenses you’ve earned and indicates that you’re serious about both your professional development and providing value to employers. List your credentials in reverse chronological order, and keep them relevant to your industry. If you need some inspiration, review our inbound call center agent resume sample.
What should you do to make sure your inbound call center agent resume makes it past an ATS?
Simplicity and relevance are key to ensuring your document successfully passes an Applicant Tracking System. This tool scans incoming resumes for keywords, rates each document, and then forwards the ones that pass its check onto a hiring manager. Boost your chances by incorporating specific keywords and phrases from the job description that match your own qualifications. However, resist the temptation to “keyword-stuff,” since ATS can tell the difference. Also, stick to typical fonts as shown in the inbound call center agent resume sample. Anything fancier and you risk confusing an ATS and making it reject your document.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Inbound Call Center Agent CV
A Sample Inbound Call Center Agent Description
Do you enjoy a fast-paced workplace that encourages you to give the best customer service possible? Superior Marketing has immediate openings for inbound call center agents at our Los Angeles call center location. Inbound call center agents will greet callers, answer questions, and complete sales over the phone. Reporting to your shift’s team manager, you will be empowered to provide the best customer service possible through ongoing supervisory feedback and training. Apply today for this standout opportunity!
- Answer phone calls courteously and actively listen to the customer to determine questions or needs, then verify customer information and provide excellent customer service.
- Follow company protocol and scripts to answer customer questions and provide product information, continually learning new product descriptions and participating in training opportunities to improve skills.
- Close the sale and enter order data quickly and accurately into the company computer system, keeping within the time allotted for call documentation for optimal call center workflow.
- Strive to continuously improve customer interaction call quality and turnover time by employing feedback from call critique sessions to delight the customer.
- Use professional language and demeanor at all times with both coworkers and customers to ensure a pleasant work environment.
- Alert supervisor to any problems with telephonic equipment and arrange for replacement equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to provide consistently friendly customer service
- Quick and accurate data entry skills
- Ability to focus on the customer while performing other job tasks
- Professional in all interactions with both coworkers and customers
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Inbound Call Center Agent CV
Use this inbound call center agent cv template to give you an idea of what to include in your CV to help you land a job interview. In this age of applicant tracking systems (ATS), it is vitally important to include keywords in your CV that the job description also includes. This also means you need to mimic the exact spelling and punctuation of the word as it is used in the job description. For example, if the job description has a “Master of Fine Arts” as a requirement, using “MFA” in your CV will not get noticed by the ATS.
As you see in this inbound call center agent cv template, the job description itself was used as a guide of what to emphasize in the CV. The applicant made sure she emphasized accomplishments that mirrored what the prospective employer was looking for in a call center agent. When you replicate the feel of the job description in your own CV, it can help the prospective employer see that you would fit right into the company’s culture.