The key to getting more interviews is to create a more effective curriculum vitae that delves into deeper details concerning your work history. Job recruiters are going to read through a ton of applications, so you need to make sure yours is different from everyone else’s. Curator positions, in particular, are highly sought after, so you need an application that follows the guidelines in this professional curator cv template. Once you have the first draft of your CV ready to go, compare it to this example and the writing tips to see what you should change.Create This CV
Curator CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Curator CV
A Sample Curator Description
The Los Angeles Museum of Art, History, and Culture is in need of a new curator who will have no problem overseeing every aspect of the institution to ensure everything is running optimally. You will have a hand in everything from leading tours and showcasing the latest exhibits to working with the museum’s board of directors to develop requests for more grants. This is more than just a job; you will have an opportunity to truly shape where the museum will go in the years to come. We need someone familiar with public relations who can reach out to local media outlets and help get the word out about new attractions at the museum. Substantial benefits are offered, including full health coverage and a 401K.
* Write grant proposals to be submitted to state and national institutions to acquire funding for more intricate and complex exhibits.
* Work with board of directors to develop new exhibit ideas, which necessitates reaching out to other collections to see what can be feasibly acquired and what the budget would need to be for maintaining certain exhibits.
* Train new staff members, including interns and clerical staff.
* Arrange with insurance companies to get all exhibits properly insured.
* Schedule events to take place at the museum, determining what resources would be necessary.
* Inspect museum regularly to see what areas need to be maintained better or improved upon.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in art, history, or a related field
* Minimum of two years of experience working for a museum, art gallery, or similar institution
* Excellent leadership skills
* Great communication skills
* Expertise in citizen engagement
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Curator CV
The curator cv template clearly has all the essential qualifications the job description asks for. The jobseeker has the necessary degree and work experience specified in the description, but the cv template uses the description in more ways than that. It directly quotes soft skills listed as essential. Phrases such as “excellent leadership skills” and “expertise in citizen engagement” are taken from the description and placed in the Skills section of the CV. That is vitally important because most other applicants are going to have similar education and experiences. However, by also including the additional skills mentioned, the job applicant is proving she took the time to read the description and customized her CV accordingly.
Something else the curator cv template does nicely is supplement work responsibilities with achievements. The candidate goes into detail about the type of exhibits she put on in the past and her success with acquiring grant money. Adding accomplishments is a fantastic way to show you were not a passive employee in past lines of work. You actually made a difference, and you want that to come across in your CV.