When you want to catch the eye of hiring managers, your first step is to create a great CV that details your relevant work experience, skills, and accomplishments. It should also give them an enticing glimpse of your personality. Learn how to write an attention-grabbing CV, like the one shown, with our assistant lecturer cv template. We give you tips on crafting a winning assistant lecturer CV, as well as guidelines for writing key sections, such as the Professional Summary, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and Hobbies and Interests segments.Create This CV
Assistant Lecturer CV Template
Burlington, VT 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-1111
Enthusiastic and passionate lover of British literature with two years of teaching experience. Proven record of engaging students in lively classroom discussions and with creative learning assignments. Fervent about encouraging learning and both critical and creative thought, which are best when developed hand in hand. Published award-winning journalist and writer who seeks to instill in students a desire for personal expression through thoughtful writing in a variety of genres. Work happily with colleagues and students to promote an atmosphere perfect for sharing knowledge and learning new ideas.
Literature Teacher – Burlington Community College
February 2016 – present
- Prepare syllabi and other course materials for British literature class.
- Grade and assess student work and discuss directions they could take during revision.
- Initiate and facilitate classroom discussions.
- Teach writing and composition techniques.
- Prepare and deliver lectures about works of British literature, their context in relation to the time and society in which they were created, and how they support and influence the body of modern British literature.
March 2015 – February 2016
- Assisted literature teacher in creating course materials.
- Graded student assignments and papers.
- Taught classes in teacher’s absence.
- Developed easy and open rapport with students that encouraged learning in a connected, enjoyable atmosphere.
- Taught writing classes.
March 2008 – March 2015
- Covered assigned beats and wrote daily news stories.
- Developed enterprise features weekly.
- Copyedited articles and news stories.
- Covered various assignments as they occurred, including sports reporting and reviews.
Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing – 2014
Goddard College, Plainfield, Vermont
Bachelor of Arts – 2007
Major: British Literature
Goddard College, Plainfield, Vermont
- Exceptional ability to relate to students and share my love of British literature with them so they also can marvel at the wonders of words.
- Demonstrated commitment to sharing my love of literature with students, as I was named “Teacher of the Month” in October 2016.
- Excellent interpersonal skills allow me to work well with colleagues and students.
- Strong communication skills help me successfully present lectures that engage students and give them homework assignments that excite them about learning.
- Expertise in the writing process so I can effectively guide students and help them discover their own best methods for creatively putting words on the page to express themselves.
- Good critical thinking skills that blend well with creative thought.
I am usually busy with personal creative writing projects, and I love to read. Currently, I am engrossed in Lord Byron’s works as well as a new translation of “Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.” I love to spend lots of time with my three cats, and I volunteer at the local animal shelter as well. I also grow herbs and pot vegetables and cook vegetarian dishes using my harvests.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Assistant Lecturer CV
A Sample Assistant Lecturer Description
Are you passionate about British literature? Is Shakespeare one of your best friends? Do you dream about Beowulf and Sir Gawain? If you do, we need you on our team at Great Eastern University. We are looking for a knowledgeable and ardent lover of British literature and good writing to teach undergraduate classes. You will share your love of letters with students and give them thought-provoking writing, reading, and research assignments designed to open their minds and hearts to the riches and wonder of literature. You will also teach writing and composition to promote both critical and creative thinking skills. Do you believe, like we do, that language is thought? If so, come join us and help shape the world through the enduring greatness of British literature.
Great Eastern University seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic lover of letters to teach British literature to undergraduate students. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing course materials, including syllabi, handouts, and homework assignments.
- Initiating, facilitating, and moderating classroom discussions.
- Grading and evaluating students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Preparing and delivering lectures to undergraduate students on topics related to British literature.
- Teaching writing classes.
To be considered for a position on our faculty, you must meet the following requirements:
- A terminal degree, such as a Master of Fine Arts, or a doctorate in literary arts.
- Two or more years of experience teaching English literature and writing.
- Commitment to sharing the history and pure joy that is the art of British literature.
- Skill in holding students’ attention.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good critical thinking skills to analyze writing but also see the creative hearts of the works and set them in the context of their time.
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Assistant Lecturer CV
Each CV you submit should be tailored to that specific job notice, including direct quotes of keywords used in the notice. Worried about which keywords to include? Look at the job skills section of the notice. In the assistant lecturer cv template shown, the applicant included key terms such as “strong communications skills,” “excellent interpersonal skills,” “good critical thinking skills,” and “commitment to sharing.”
Many hiring managers use applicant tracking systems that target CVs with specific keywords, and they only accept those CVs, so make sure yours meets or exceeds that specific criteria. The assistant lecturer cv template also stressed the applicant’s enthusiasm and love for literature, an idea that was repeated in the job posting. Finally, the applicant offers an appealing glimpse into how she relates to students. Use these tips and the assistant lecturer CV to give yourself every advantage when it comes to landing your next job.