Paralegals earn relatively high salaries and have satisfying jobs that utilize a variety of skills. If you’re seeking a paralegal role, you know that you must have excellent writing and communication skills. Demonstrate that you have them with a winning resume.
Not all paralegals have a bachelor’s degree, but most have a certification in paralegal studies or something similar. List this, or related education you have such as administration studies, on your resume. Most law firms operate out of corporate offices, so any type of experience relating to this, such as reception duties at a business, will benefit you when listed. Lastly, highlight your research, interpersonal, and organizational skills on your resume as they are key elements of paralegal work.
Check out this entry-level paralegal resume template for more information.Create Resume
123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Paralegal equipped with superior communication skills who successfully acts as the liaison between clients, experts and opposing council.
Completed advanced training in research relating to laws, regulations, judicial decisions and legal articles.
Managed a calendar of hearings for an average of 30 files at any given time.
Paralegal / Legal Assistant
February 2013 to Current Company Name － City, State
- Prepared for trial by organizing case exhibits and evidence.
- Arranged all correspondence on behalf of the attorney.
- Accurately entered client data into a company-based software program.
- Managed the trial calendar, judicial calendar and master calendar.
Real Estate Agent
October 2007 to Current Company Name － City, State
- Counseled customers on market current status for residential and land markets.
- Guided homebuyers and sellers through the process of short sales.
- Generated lists of properties that were compatible with buyers' needs and financial resources.
- Cold called clients to obtain their exclusives.
October 2002 to October 2004 Company Name － City, State
- Developed, implemented and monitored new underwriting guidelines for the agency.
- Pursued continuing education and training programs to continue professional development.
Bachelor of Arts : Psychology, March 2012 UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX － City, State
Advanced coursework in Motivational, Social, Organizational and Psychology, Business Ethics,and
Certificate : Paralegal Studies Program, ABA Approved FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY － City, State
Coursework in Family, Criminal, Civil, Patent, Property, Research and Writing, Federal E-Filing, HUD Software, Family Law Software
Emphasis in Legal Research and Writing