100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Efficient and accurate medical coder with full awareness of ICD-9, CPT-4, HCPCS and DRG procedures. Vast knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and billing nuances of general hospital health care. Data entry excellence and proficiency in a wide range of commonly used medical and standard administrative applications and software.
- Medical Coding Specialist certified
- Accurate data entry skills
- Engaging personality
- Great communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- HIPAA compliant
Medical Coder, November 2009-March 2015
Cityland General Hospital – New Cityland, CA
- Worked in the billing department of a busy regional hospital as part of a coding and administrative team.
- Adhered to ICD-9, CPT-4, HCPCS and DRG standards and techniques in translation of medical services and procedures into insurance billing encoding.
- Exercised proficiency in coding disciplines of inpatient, outpatient, facility and physician care.
- Designation as the focused, primary outpatient coder.
- Worked toward daily minimum coding of 120 outpatient claims.
- Used understanding of medical terminology and pharmacology to ensure proper coding at first issue.
- Remained in frequent contact with medical insurance companies to expedite smooth processing.
- Provided backup administrative and clerical assistance when coding traffic reduced during low hospital admissions periods.
2009 Associates of Science, Medical Billing and Coding
University of California – New Cityland, CA