Writing a compelling curriculum vitae is the best way to get the attention of a hiring manager or center director. When you interview for a teaching job, you will probably want to present your portfolio and philosophy of education statement, but until then the best way to showcase your philosophy, experience, and personality is through your application materials. To get a better idea about how a CV is laid out, study the assistant preschool teacher cv template below.
Assistant Preschool Teacher CV Template
Evansville, IN 11111
E: johnjones@anymail P: 555-555-1212
Experienced assistant preschool teacher with a passion for play-based education. Team-player and collaborator. Lifelong learner. I love to set up environments that inspire young children to explore, imagine, collaborate, problem-solve, and play.
Assistant Preschool Teacher, Ages 3-5
The Lab School
June 2016 – Present
• Arrive before opening and prepare the environment for the children, setting out art materials, provocations, books about our current theme, and small-group activities.
• Inspect the playground for hazards, and check supply levels of outdoor materials.
• Greet families at the beginning of each day and help children get settled.
• Assist with circle time, welcoming children who arrive late and sitting with children who are having trouble focusing.
• Sit with the children during snack time, ensuring everyone has what they need.
• Transition children to outside time, assisting those who need a little extra help.
• Monitor playground activities, help ensure that all children find something with which to engage.
• Assist with lunch (family style).
• Transition children to nap time, cover teacher breaks.
• Clean up room during final outside time.
Teacher Aide, Floater
The Lab School
September 2015 – May 2016
• Worked in all classrooms (preschool, twos, infant/toddler) as needed.
• Helped with feeding, toileting, and covering breaks.
Summer Playground Aide
The Lab School
May 2015 – August 2015
• Maintained supplies and ensured safe conditions on the playground for summer activities.
• Sometimes led activities with preschoolers.
The Lab School
September 2014 – May 2015
• Cleaned, sanitized, and set up eating areas in all classrooms.
• Served food according to state food safety standards and school nutrition plan.
• Cleaned up after lunch, both in classrooms and in on-site kitchen.
• Kept inventory of kitchen items, notified cook of restocking needs.
Education and Training
Child Development Associate (CDA) – 2016
• Love kids, especially birth to age 5
• Experience as a facilitator of play
• Play-based philosophy
• Preschool experience
• Infant/toddler experience
• Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
• Interest in a variety of child-centered practices from a wide range of schools and cultures
Hobbies and Interests
Most of my hobbies involve the outdoors. Some of my favorite things to do include horseback riding, hiking, swimming, camping, and snowboarding. I also love to travel, and my goal is to road-trip across the entire United States, spending at least a week in each of the 50 states before I turn 50 myself.
Assistant Preschool Teacher CV Questions
What’s the best CV template to use for an assistant preschool teacher CV?
When you create your CV, you want to make the best document possible. While many templates are better than others, there isn’t one that’s the best. You simply have to consider your experience and what employers want to see.
For example, some early education facilities may see creativity as an important quality in a teacher. In this case, you can use a template that incorporates pops of color. Typically, the best template will focus on readability and content over fancy design elements. You can see a good template in action by reading through the assistant preschool teacher CV sample.
What should you include about your accomplishments on your assistant preschool teacher CV?
Your accomplishments play a big role in your professional history. The worst thing you can do is gloss over these important feats. You need to make sure your accomplishments stand out.
Try to describe things you did that were above the call of duty. Incorporate numbers into your accomplishments when possible, and always show how they benefited your employer. Read through the experience section of the assistant preschool teacher CV sample to see what the applicant had to say about her accomplishments.
How do you make an assistant preschool teacher CV?
If you want to create something as impressive as the assistant preschool teacher CV sample, you need to know where to start. This professional document can contain unique elements but should typically include your contact information, a professional statement, your work history, your professional achievements, your university-level academic history, and any job-related hobbies and interests. If you still don’t know where to start, you can get experienced help drafting a CV by using our resume builder.
How do you list references on an assistant preschool teacher CV?
Giving hiring managers a list of your professional references is often a part of the job search process. However, most employers don’t want to see this type of information on your CV, which is why you won’t find a reference list on the assistant preschool teacher CV sample. After all, this document is home to some of your most important skills, accomplishments, and experiences. You don’t need to waste space listing out your references.
If a job description specifically requests a reference list, you should include it. Simply create a separate section. Try to include the name of the reference, your professional connection, and their best email and phone number.
What do you put on an assistant preschool teacher CV for your first job?
If you’re trying to get your first assistant preschool teacher job, the information you include on your CV is going to be drastically different than the details an experienced teacher’s assistant includes. Your document may look much different than the assistant preschool teacher CV sample. Because you won’t have any related experience, you’ll have to focus more on your education and skills.
You should still have an experience section, but it may include coursework, internships, or volunteer work. No matter what type of experience you have, try to tie it back to being an assistant preschool teacher. For example, you can point out how a specific volunteer experience helped you hone patience and communication skills.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Assistant Preschool Teacher CV
A Sample Assistant Preschool Teacher Description
At Kids’ Time Play School, our assistant preschool teachers play an important support role for our entire learning community. You’ll spend your days playing with preschoolers, following their adventures in discovery, and making sure they have the tools and skills they need to succeed in their playful endeavors. You’ll be their go-to person, especially when lead teachers are taking breaks and at the beginning and end of each day. Assistant teachers and aides are always included in our teacher appreciation events, annual community barbecue, and other fun times throughout the year.
Kids’ Time is a fun, safe place where kids learn by doing. As an assistant teacher in the preschool classroom, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Greet families and children at the beginning of each day, ensuring the sign-in process goes smoothly and taking messages for lead teachers.
• Help the children get settled in for the day by waving goodbye to parents, engaging with a provocation, or reading books on the big couch.
• Assist with circle time and snack time, and help stragglers get ready for outside time.
• Monitor playground activities, ensuring a safe environment and helping children work through problems or disputes.
• Monitor weather throughout the day and prepare alternative activities in case of tornado activity, flooding, or other weather-related issues.
• Support end-of-day transitions, and communicate with parents at pick-up time.
Kids’ Time is looking for people with the following qualifications:
• At least 18 years old
• Current CPR and First Aid certifications (or able to obtain if hired)
• Food handler permit (or able to obtain if hired)
• Experience working with preschool-aged children (3 to 5 years old)
• At least 12 credits early childhood education, CDA credential or above is highly desired
• Infant/toddler experience is a plus, but not required
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Assistant Preschool Teacher CV
Notice how the assistant preschool teacher cv template takes keywords from the job description and incorporates them into the summary and experience sections. You should do this for each position you apply for, slightly modifying your curriculum vitae with each application. For example, if two job descriptions are very similar, but one lists monitoring playground activities as a responsibility and one lists facilitating outdoor play, use the corresponding phrase when preparing your document for each position even though they are basically the same thing.
Tailoring your curriculum vitae to the specific job you’re applying for, like the assistant preschool teacher cv template does, is good practice. It shows that you’re paying attention and that you fit in with the existing culture at the prospective work site. It may even help your CV pass any software-based tests the employer may use. These software programs, sometimes referred to as applicant tracking systems, or ATS, may scan CVs and applications for suitability before a human ever reads them.