A job in hotel management can be challenging to get, so it is crucial you create a good first impression for the hiring manager. A resume is the best way to demonstrate why you are the perfect candidate for the position because it provides your relevant skills and experience. One of the challenges is to present this information in a way that is easy and quick to read.
Consult sample resumes to get ideas of what to include and how. We have assembled a number of hotel manager resume samples, tailored to specific positions, which provide a guide as to how to write your own professional document.
Hotel Manager Resume Samples
Hotel Manager Resume Sample
The job market for hotel management can be competitive, and employers are looking for applicants who demonstrate strong leadership and problem-solving skills. Make sure your resume showcases these abilities as well as examples of how you have managed effectively in past positions.
- New or seasoned managers with a desire to work in the hospitality industry in a hotel or resort setting.
Hotel Manager Skills To Include:
- Excellent ability to solve guest-related and personnel issues in a practical and creative way
- Experienced with customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to motivate and direct staff
- Great organizational skills
More Information: Take a look at this hotel manager resume sample for guidance.
Senior Hotel Manager Resume Sample
There is even more competition for senior management roles, as there are fewer of them. Not only do you need to point out your strongest skills and abilities, you need to illuminate past experiences and show how you reached specific achievements. Look at the hotel manager resume samples for examples.
- Experienced hotel managers with a keen understanding of all aspects of management and hotel departments.
Hotel Manager Skills To Include:
- Strong leadership skills, especially in conflict resolution and personnel motivation
- Ability to multitask in a busy and stressful environment
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Outstanding active listening
- Great communication skills with positive outlook
More Information: Take the time to consult our senior hotel manager resume sample for more details.
Hotel Manager Resume Tips
A hotel manager resume is so called as it combines the features of both chronological and a functional resume. It holds regard of your achievements while clearly providing career history in reverse chronological order.
It can provide excellent flexibility in that you can alter the emphasis of the resume to suit your hotel management abilities and situation. For example if you have few years in employment but many years in the hotel industry, then you can highlight education and keep the emphasis off work history.
The main headings are:
- Work history
Other headings can include:
- Career Objectives
The Resume must be able to demonstrate your promotions and career progressions, etc while highlighting your achievements at the same time. These types of resume offer considerable flexibility and can present you in the best possible light.
- If you have worked for different jobs but in the same role you may want to highlight skills in each post rather than repeat the similar list of job duties over and over.
- Manager Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN 2002 – Present
- Assistant Manager Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN 2000 – 2002
- If you apply for a designation that you have not done before, you can focus instead on your achievements and skills rather than on your previous job titles.
- If you done several different jobs in the hotel industry, again highlight accomplishments rather than work history. Lay emphasis on your work description.
- If you have just recently graduated and are low on employment experience you can emphasize your education, skills, volunteer work etc.