A well-constructed resume is your best bet when applying for a new position. Your skills conveyed in the sections of a resume explain your value, but how they are presented helps them shine. A solid Insurance Underwriter resume template will highlight the strengths you have to offer when seeking a job.
Resume Template for Insurance Underwriter
Meticulous Insurance Underwriter compiles data and analyzes various resources for risk management when issuing policies. Proven experience in both commercial insurance and individual insurance underwriting. Detail-oriented when examining documents and making recommendations. Applies demonstrated oral and written communication skills when servicing accounts to retain clients.
– CPCU, CIC
– Data collection and analysis
– Risk management
– Microsoft Office and AWD
– Written and oral communication
Life Insurance Underwriter, September 2012 – present
Company Name — City, State
– Supports marketing initiatives by issuing timely policies that minimize risk
– Assess mortality of individual life applicants using medical and non-medical records as well as financial information
– Serves as an advocate for company growth and profit by extolling strategic business plans and developing partnerships with local market sales personnel
Underwriting Associate, December 2008 — September 2012
Company Name — City, State
– Evaluated risk, loss history, financial standing on insured businesses
– Developed individual testing procedures to analyze specific businesses
– Determined procedures, endorsements and general policy content to fit specific businesses
– Determined policy premiums, declarations and coverage to complete a policy
– Provided customer support for insured company clients, including billing, adjustments, reinstatements, endorsements and cancellations
Field Underwriter — Commercial Lines, August 2002 — December 2008
Company Name — City, State
– Called on field agents to review applications for client company policies
– Assessed risks, ensured proper business classification on applications, reviewed contracts, determined and managed risk, evaluated loss history and financial reports of applicant company
– Managed retention on existing policies
2002, Bachelor of Science, Business and Administration
Southern Illinois University — City, State
Insurance Underwriter Resume Questions
What’s the best resume template to use for an insurance underwriter resume?
Many jobseekers struggle with formatting their resume. It should be easy-to-read, yet eye-catching. Our resume builder simplifies the writing process by giving you the option to choose a template and fill out your information step-by-step. No one template is best; rather, you can choose from a wide range of appropriate styles. Notice our insurance underwriter resume sample has a clean and traditional layout without distracting colors or graphics. It’s a great choice for this industry because it shows hiring managers you’re a professional and committed candidate. Our resume builder assists you in creating a quick, balanced document by carving out a specific amount of space for each section.
What’s the best way to show you work well in a team on an insurance underwriter resume?
Working as an insurance underwriter requires collaborating with colleagues and team managers. Fitting into a company culture often calls for you to be a good team player by having a pleasant demeanor and productively contributing to group activities. You can reflect this ability on your resume by mentioning it in your professional summary, skills section, or work history. Sprinkling in mentions such as “excellent team player” or including an instance where you shined during a team meeting shows recruiters you possess the proper drive and ability to create a positive work culture. Our insurance underwriter resume sample includes references such as “supports marketing initiatives” and “called on field agents to review applications.”
How do you write a summary statement for an insurance underwriter resume?
A summary statement is usually found near the top of a resume. It serves as a short elevator pitch describing your best qualities to the reader. While short, a summary statement can nonetheless make or break your first impression. To craft the best summary statement possible, read the job description closely to identify the key traits and skills an employer is looking for. Encapsulate these skills if you think you possess them in a short blurb three to five sentences in length. Our insurance underwriter resume sample includes essential qualities such as “detail-oriented” and “demonstrated oral and written communication skills.”
What’s the best length for an insurance underwriter resume?
Most insurance underwriter resumes are no more than one page in length. You should only surpass one page if you’re an experienced candidate applying for a high-ranking position that requires more than 10 years of experience. If you’re an entry-level candidate or new graduate, your document should still be at least one page in length. Any shorter and you risk coming across as unmotivated or overly novice. Our insurance underwriter resume sample is the perfect length and has an uncluttered and well-balanced look.
How do you write about hobbies on your resume?
If you have ample qualifications or experience, including hobbies on your resume is typically unnecessary. Candidates fresh to the industry can list a few relevant hobbies if they wish to beef up their document and show that they’re enthusiastic team players. List hobbies underneath the education section In our insurance underwriter resume sample, this would be at the very bottom of the document. Make your hobbies section brief – for example, “50k marathon runner” or “Hockey coach for local league.”