When you are looking for a job in the medical billing industry, attention to detail is a big part of showing your employer that you will be a good fit. That’s because medical billing and coding requires precise attention to detail as well as speed and a strong command of the knowledge necessary for the industry. To learn how to show those skills in a way that your employer will really be able to appreciate, you need to use tools such as this example medical billing and coding specialist cv template.Create This CV
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Medical Billing and Coding Specialist CV
A Sample Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Description
We are seeking an independent individual capable of making his or her own schedule and delivering weekly billing and coding assignments in a timely manner and without fail. Candidates need to provide their own technology and facilities, as this is a work-from-home position. Experience with technology and strong interpersonal communication skills will make communicating via email and Skype easier, and the position allows for flexibility throughout the workweek, provided all deadlines are met every Friday.
This position has the opportunity for growth within our organization, which provides top-of-the-line support services to healthcare facilities around the country. Our team works entirely online, and management is primarily recruited from among candidates nominated by other team members to ensure a solid culture fit.
• Accurately assign patients to diagnosis-related groups according to their charts and the designated treatments used.
• Provide detailed billing reports of all procedures, prescriptions, and therapies used in the course of treatment.
• Reproduce correct insurance records and assign billing to the proper accounts as needed.
• Manage remote access to client HIM systems via VPN.
• Deliver timely reports detailing troubleshooting techniques used to overcome obstacles when deadlines are not met.
• Create an environment of continuous improvement through participation in troubleshooting meetings to ensure the smooth delivery of all assignments.
• Knowledge of HIM software, including Epic Systems and MEDITECH
• Strong reading comprehension skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of basic video conferencing and email software, including Skype
• Accurate data entry skills at a high rate of speed
• The ability to accurately follow complex written directions without direct oversight
How to Employ the Job Description in a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist CV
When you are trying to find a new job, you need examples to help you get a reading on the best methods of presentation for your CV materials. That’s why the medical billing and coding specialist cv template above is so helpful. You also need to be able to match yourself to your prospective employer’s needs, which is why it is important to use keywords to show that you are able to deliver exactly what they want, exactly when they want it.
What does that mean? It means using the language for your own skills and accomplishments that reflects the employer’s needs, like in the medical billing and coding specialist cv template. It also means reviewing both what you are being asked to do and how you are being asked to do it to make sure you are a good fit for the organization. Every field has a variety of philosophical orientations and approaches to its best practices, and knowing your professional approach works with that of your employers increases your chances of being satisfied and happy on the job. Study the sample job description and the medical billing and coding specialist cv template to see how to do just that as you prepare your materials.