How would you describe a cashier on a resume?
First, study the job description to see what the employer values. Though employers’ needs differ, they’ll most likely want to see evidence of your strong social, communication, and math skills.
What are the daily responsibilities for a cashier?
- Accepting payment in the form of cash, cards, or checks
- Scanning items and applying coupons
- Issuing receipts
- Accurately calculating change
- Balancing cash drawers
- Registering store credit cards
What skills to put on a resume for cashiers?
The following skills are necessary to perform the day-to-day responsibilities of a cashier.
- Fast math skills
- Communication skills
- Product/brand knowledge
- Customer service
- Time management
- Point of Sale(POS) training
- Attention to detail