To be able to work as Store Cashier in a large department store and share my knowledge and expertise in cashier management. My wide knowledge in using cash register plus my extensive background in supervising store will be very helpful in performing my tasks efficiently.
96 Lake Road
Camden, NJ 8102
Date of Birth: May 6, 1979
Place of Birth: NJ
• Sharp mathematical ability
• Skilled in using software inventory
B.S. in Management, 2002
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Store Cashier, 2007 – Present
99 Cents Only Stores, Commerce, CA
• Received payments from customers.
• Provided assistance to store clerk by attending to customer requests.
• Prepared daily sales reports.
• Conducted physical inventory of store supplies on a regular basis.
• Conducted cash count before turn-over of cash register to next-in-line-shift.
• Introduced new products including promos to the customers.
Cashier I, 2006 – 2007
Gaisano Mall., Santa Monica, CA
• Greeted customers promptly and courteously.
• Counted the money given by the customer and ensured that the change is accurate, if there is any.
• Instructed the cashier assistant on proper arrangement of products in the plastic bag.
• Facilitated the customers’ requests regarding changed or damaged items.
• Inspected the receipts presented by clients for exchange items and ensured that the item to be replaced do not exceed the amount on the receipt.
TESDA Encoding Certificate
Fastest Cashier of the Year, 2005
Excellent communication skills
Proficient in using Excel, Word, Open Office
Ability to multi-task
How would you describe a cashier on a resume?
First, study the job description to see what the employer values. Though employers’ needs differ, they’ll most likely want to see evidence of your strong social, communication, and math skills.
What are the daily responsibilities for a cashier?
- Accepting payment in the form of cash, cards, or checks
- Scanning items and applying coupons
- Issuing receipts
- Accurately calculating change
- Balancing cash drawers
- Registering store credit cards
What skills to put on a resume for cashiers?
The following skills are necessary to perform the day-to-day responsibilities of a cashier.
- Fast math skills
- Communication skills
- Product/brand knowledge
- Customer service
- Time management
- Point of Sale(POS) training
- Attention to detail