When you want to grab the attention of potential employers, start by developing a strong curriculum vitae that details your relevant professional experience, skills, and accomplishments. A successful CV also will offer a glimpse into who you are. Learn how to write an eye-catching CV, like the one shown, with our aircraft mechanic cv template. We offer you tips on crafting a powerful CV, and we also suggest guidelines for writing the key sections, such as the Professional Summary, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and Personal Interests segments.
Aircraft Mechanic CV Template
Burlington, VT 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org P: 555-555-1111
Skilled and experienced aircraft mechanic with 14 years of committed work spent repairing and servicing aircraft. Specialized knowledge of repairs and maintenance on helicopters and Boeing 737s. Self-motivated, with experience working alone and as part of a team to keep aircraft in safe flying condition for passengers and crews. Proven record for keeping aircraft safe. Expertise in engine analysis software, Cynapsis Virtual DER, and CaseBank SpotLight. Proficient at retrieving information and using search software, including technical manual database programs and a computerized aircraft log manager (CALM). Detail-oriented and dedicated to completing work on time, every time.
March 2010 – present
• Inspect aircraft according to regulations and examine all aircraft components, including hydraulic systems, landing gear, rotors, and deicers, for any problems, such as leaks, breaks, and cracks.
• Perform repairs based on specifications and deadlines.
• Check finished work to ensure it meets safety standards, and use technology to keep repair and work logs.
• Oversee team of three junior mechanics and counsel them on best practices.
• Winner of regional safety award in June 2016.
April 2007-March 2010
• Inspected aircraft according to regulations and checked all components for any problems or potential malfunctions.
• Repaired aircraft components based on safety regulations.
• Inspected completed work to ensure it met federal, local, and company standards for safe flying.
• Kept logs of all work and maintenance.
• Won Employee of the Month in April 2009.
March 2004-April 2007
• Repaired various aircraft components according to safety regulations and supervisor instructions.
• Performed occasional aircraft inspections.
• Kept records of completed work and maintenance.
• Won Employee of the Month in July 2006.
Education and Training
Post-secondary certificate – January 2004
University of Northwestern Ohio, Lima, Ohio
• Outstanding multi-tasker with an eagle eye for details
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong team manager who seeks to give confidence to three junior mechanics
• Self-motivated with a proven record of professional excellence
• Proficient in various computer software programs and electronic databases and research systems
• Solid background in technical knowledge and repair and maintenance principles
• Passion for excellence in repairing, restoring, and maintaining all mechanical systems
Hobbies and Interests
During my time off, I restore classic automobiles, specifically Jaguar models from 1968 to 1985. I also restored and now maintain a 1974 Norton motorcycle. I enjoy spending time with my dog and cat, who supervise all of my mechanical work. I also like to cook and invite friends over for meals.
Aircraft Mechanic CV Questions
How do you make an aircraft mechanic CV?
Start by examining curriculum vitae for jobseekers in this field, such as our professional aircraft mechanic CV sample. Then you can create your document using the formatting functions of a word-processing application or our quick resume builder in combination with one of our specialized CV templates to generate and fill out all of the sections.
Recruiters and hiring managers expect applicants to provide complete contact information in the header. You’ll want to follow that up with a summary or objective statement and lists of work experience, education and training, and any other qualifications that could improve your chances of getting hired for the aircraft mechanic job you want.
What sections should you include in your aircraft mechanic CV?
A CV should present a candidate’s professional identity and trajectory. Start with complete contact information including your full name, city and state of residence or a physical or mailing address, and reliable modes of contact, such as an email address and personal phone number. The first major section should be a summary or objective statement in which you declare your primary qualifications or reasons for seeking work in this field.
The rest of your CV should tell a narrative of professional development. Make entries for current and past jobs with brief bulleted lists of accomplishments and responsibilities in the work experience section. Other sections should cover education or training, skills, and other relevant background for the position you are seeking. The candidate in our aircraft mechanic CV sample describes his hobbies and interests in the final section.
What should your education section look like in an aircraft mechanic CV?
Your education section should be concise and informative. Start with your highest level of education or training and proceed backward through time. The candidate in our aircraft mechanic CV sample combines his education and training sections. Depending on your background, you may want to break up these sections.
What should you include about your accomplishments on your aircraft mechanic CV?
Each entry in the education or training section should include a description of the degree obtained or program completed and the date of graduation or completion. Be sure to include the name and location of each institution.
If an accomplishment is directly related to your excellence in the field of aircraft mechanics, you may mention this recognition in your professional summary. The candidate in the aircraft mechanic CV sample brings up his awards in the experience section.
How do you write about hobbies on your aircraft mechanic CV?
Hobbies and interests are not standard content, but you can include this information if an employer requests, if you are an early-career candidate, or if you feel that this background contributes to your professional identity.
The candidate in our aircraft mechanic CV sample lists hobbies and interests indicating that he applies his mechanical abilities outside of work. It is a good idea to include interests that reinforce the skills required for the job you want.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Aircraft Mechanic CV
A Sample Aircraft Mechanic Description
The Burlington International Airport seeks an experienced aircraft mechanic to service and repair aircraft, including helicopters, Airbus A319s, cargo airplanes, and regional aircraft. The ideal candidate is a skilled professional with an exceptional eye for detail and passion for excellence. You should be a practiced multi-tasker who is also an outstanding mechanic able to focus on every nut and bolt in the job at hand. You will work with a veteran team to maintain commercial and cargo aircraft and ensure they are safe. There are deadlines for completing work, and you will sometimes have to work under intense pressure without compromising safety. If you are a skilled mechanic who is dedicated to excellence, we need you on our team.
Burlington International Airport is seeking a professional aircraft mechanic with a passion for excellence. Your responsibilities will include:
• Examining aircraft and components, including hydraulic systems, landing gear, and deicers, to look for any cracks, leaks, breaks, or other problems.
• Performing routine and special inspections as regulations require.
• Checking finished work to confirm that it meets standards and aircraft are safe.
• Understanding and interpreting maintenance manuals, servicing notices, and specifications to determine the best ways of repairing and replacing failing and damaged parts.
• Keeping accurate records of work, including repair logs that document all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance.
• Helping create an environment of open communication and excellence.
To be considered for this position, you need these qualifications:
• Post-secondary certificate
• Five years or more of experience working as an aircraft mechanic
• Work well alone and with others
• Excellent communication skills, with verbal and written abilities
• Comfortable with computers and knowledgeable about various software, databases, and information retrieval systems
• Passion for excellence
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Aircraft Mechanic CV
Sending the same CV to every job opening, even though they may be similar, can be a misstep, because each position will stress different skills and necessary qualifications. Furthermore, increasing numbers of employers are using applicant tracking systems to target CVs that use particular keywords, like the aircraft mechanic cv template does. To give yourself the best chance at catching an employer’s attention, insert important keywords and phrases from the job description into your CV.
For example, the aircraft mechanic cv template draws from the job description by detailing the various computer software and database programs the applicant knows and uses. The job description also emphasizes the great need for attention to detail and striving for excellence to keep aircraft safe for flying, and the aircraft mechanic cv template offers specific examples of the applicant’s proven track record of pursuing perfection (ex: “Employee of the Month,” “regional safety award,” and “strong team manager who seeks to give confidence to three junior mechanics.”). The applicant also describes how he is passionate about repairing and maintaining mechanical systems outside of work by describing his fervor for restoring classic automobiles.