Human resources is an up-and-coming industry, and while there may be plenty of open positions out there, securing the job you want is another story. One of the best ways to set yourself apart from other candidates and land an interview is by presenting employers with a visually appealing, organized, and interesting resume.
How can you create a resume that gains attention during the job hunting process? Our human resources resume samples are a great place to start. By reviewing some of our most popular samples, you can get a better feel for how to format your resume, what information and experiences to include, and what you should and shouldn’t do when drafting each section of this important document.
Human Resources Resume Samples
HR partners help small and large businesses with HR-related tasks, like recruiting staff, developing procedures, etc. Whether you’ve worked in human resources for decades or you have a few years of experience in an HR role, a strong resume can help hiring managers notice your resume among a sea of contenders.
- Those who have a few years of experience in HR working with individual businesses or one organization.
- Human Resources Skills To Include:
- Strategic workforce planning
- Organizational design
- Talent management and recruiting staffing
- Employee relations and engagement
- Employment law and compliance
More Information: Review our HR business partner resume sample for more information about what to include in your own resume.
Risk managers play an important role in any organization, and you have to have a certain skill set for hiring managers to consider you for the job. How do you show future employers you are the right fit for an open risk manager position? Review our human resources resume samples, replicate the formatting, and include your own information and experiences.
- Seasoned HR professionals with several years of experience working as risk managers.
- Human Resources Skills To Include:
- Risk assessment and policy development
- Internal control analysis
- Employee training and risk management reports
- Transaction validation and data assessment
- Risk appetite analysis
More Information: Take a look at our risk manager resume sample to find out how to tailor your own resume to showcase your skills and qualifications.
HR directors usually have at least five years of experience working as HR assistants or coordinators, and employers generally want to see candidates who are highly knowledgeable regarding HR principles and practices.
When you apply for a position as an HR director, you put yourself up against other professionals with similar skill sets and extensive experience. A polished resume helps you set yourself apart from the crowd, so you ultimately land an interview.
- HR professionals with multiple years of experience who want to move into a senior position.
- Human Resources Skills To Include:
- Conflict resolution
- Personable and energetic
- Employment law
- Administrative collaboration
- Proven leadership
More Information: Go over our HR director resume sample to get some ideas on where to take your resume.
Those who want to jump into the HR industry or switch sectors after several years may try and land a position as an HR assistant. Our human resources resume samples are a great place to start if you need help solidifying your experience and outlining your skills in an organized, highly readable manner.
- Recent graduates, or those with little to no experience in the HR industry who are ready to make a career switch.
- Human Resources Skills To Include:
- General office administration and time-management skills
- Self-starter and confidentiality
- Organized and highly efficient
- Basic human resources policies and procedures
- Standard knowledge of computer operations
More Information: Check out our HR assistant resume sample to know what to include in your own resume.
In a competitive job market, hiring managers will likely receive hundreds of resumes for an open human resources analyst position. For this reason, you need to show employers you know how to deliver innovative solutions and manage important HR tasks while heading large projects you design to enhance a company’s HR division.
- HR assistants and directors with multiple years of experience who want to take their career in a new direction as an analyst.
- Human Resources Skills To Include:
- Employee and new hire training and development
- Records maintenance
- Compensation administration
- Intrapersonal and communication skills
- Data analysis
More Information: Spend a few minutes reviewing our human resources analyst resume sample to learn more about how you should format your own resume.
Popular Human Resources Resume Questions
One of the best places to start is by reviewing our human resources resume samples. This will help you get a better idea of what sections you should include in your resume and how you should format this essential document. You should also think about what experiences and qualifications you want to include before you start writing. For example, if you are a recent graduate, you should include your degree, or if you are a seasoned HR professional, you might want to include a section for special projects.
Keep in mind that you should tailor your resume for every position you apply to. This will ensure your information is as relevant as possible and that you appeal to the qualifications and skills hiring managers want.
After looking over our human resources resume samples, you may notice there are several pieces of information every education section includes: the type of degree earned, the institution attended, and the dates of attendance. All your entries should include this critical information. If you possess several degrees, you should list each in reverse chronological order, with the most recent at the top of this section. Note that you can also list professional certifications and development courses in this section.3. What’s the best way to show I work well in a team on a human resources resume?
You can start off your resume with a strong objective statement that outlines your experience leading teams or heading projects. Many of our human resources resume samples indicate working well with a team is a necessary skill, so start by mentioning these skills from the start and then including them throughout your work experience and skills sections.4. What do I put on a human resources resume for my first job?
Many people who need to write a resume while applying for their first job have hesitations because they aren’t sure what information to include and what to lead off with. Know that you should list whatever experiences you have on your resume that align with the requirements of the open position. For example, if you are applying for a position as a human resources assistant, you may want to list experience working as a part-time administrative assistant to illustrate your administration skills, or your experience as a restaurant server to showcase your customer service abilities.5. How do I write about hobbies on my resume?
If you are new to the HR industry or are a recent graduate, it can be appropriate to outline some of your hobbies on your resume. Many of our entry-level human resources resume samples include hobby information, so if you are hesitant to include it, review the job posting you are applying to, so you can get a better feel for if the company would view it as welcome information.
While writing your hobbies section, make sure to keep it short and concise. You should also make sure that it doesn’t take up the bulk of your resume, and that your work experience, education, and skills sections are noticeably longer. Additionally, only include work-appropriate hobbies to ensure this information does not detract from the rest of your resume.
How to write a Human Resources ResumeHuman resources resumes will obviously vary according to the candidate’s level of experience, but as a general guide, the sample human resources resume structure below can be followed. Other human resources resume samples available online may not cover all of the areas that should be included. It is recommended that you use the following as an outline structure for your human resources resume:
Contact DetailsIn this section, you should put your name, your telephone numbers including a cell phone number and the email address that you will use for applications. Most employers also want to see your address listed. For students, this will include both home address and your address at university.
ObjectiveThose who have less experience should include an objective in their human resources resume. An objective is a sentence that is to the point and states the goal of the applicant. It should be customized for each application. This human resources resume sample suggests something like:Recently graduated human resources graduate seeks entry position with leading company in the human resources field.
ProfileHuman resources resumes for more experienced candidates should consider including a profile. This addition to a human resources resume usually consists of four sentences which provide an overview of the candidate’s most applicable experience and skills. Sample human resources resumes include profiles such as:Human resources expert with more than 15 years of experience working in fast-moving environments. Demonstrable experience leading human resources teams to provide business solutions that are on time and to budget. Ability to overhaul human resources procedures and processes to provide a more cost efficient solution to businesses. Versatile manager who is able to work to tight budgets to achieve significant goals.This sample human resources resume illustrates how you can include some of your keywords in your profile, which will improve the chances of your resume coming up in online search results. More detail on keywords can be found below.NOTE: Your human resources resume profile or objective will sit in the top third of the page, which is the area that employers naturally glance to first. Human resources resumes that have a strong profile or objective will stand out more to employers than those which do not highlight key skills and experience in this critical area of the page.
Key SkillsThose who have been in the field for many years may wish to include a list of key skills. This is a good place to also put keywords and phrases that employers may be searching for. Our sample human resources resume suggests that you do it something like this:
- Human Resources Management
- Recruitment Coordination and Management
- Delivering Change Management Solutions
- Performance Management Specialist
- Training and Development Coordination
- People Management Reporting
Human Resources EducationEducation sections of your human resources resume should always be listed in reverse chronological order. Make sure to include the following: subject/s studied, educational institutes attended and their location, dates of graduation, any professional qualifications held.
Human Resources Work ExperienceHuman Resources resumes need to list work experience in reverse chronological order. These days, it is important to list not responsibilities, but instead achievements. Find sample human resources resumes to get ideas from. Lists of responsibilities will not help your human resources resume to shine. Our sample human resources resume suggests that you include bullet points that are listed in a similar way to these:
- Streamlined human resources department, cutting costs to the business by 15% over two years.
- Implemented changes to the recruitment process, leading to a reduced time to find the right candidates, and staff turnover reduction of 20%.
- Managed the annual leave process for all departments and reduced waiting times from two weeks to one.
ActivitiesSample resumes often have a section on “activities”. For recent graduates activities in this section should include anything that demonstrates skills such as leadership or team working. Senior human resources resumes might include details on affiliations with professional organizations or leadership responsibilities outside of the workplace. As above in the sample human resources resume, keep bullets powerful.
KeywordsYour human resources resume needs to include keywords and phrases which will be searched for by hiring managers when looking for applicants that fit the bill. A high quality sample human resources resume usually has keywords mentioned several times within the resume, for the best effect. Some human resources resumes will need to be targeted to very specific aspects of the job, such as a focus on hiring or training and development. In this case keywords should not just be “human resources” but they should target the area that you are applying for.In summary, the above should provide you information about how sample human resources resumes are laid out. Your university careers office may also be able to provide you with sample human resources resumes to look over and get ideas from. More experienced candidates looking for a sample human resources resume to follow need to look no further than this template. From this page you can find sample resumes to get you started.Check out Cover-Letter-Now’s Human Resources Cover Letter samples for more help.
Available Human Resources Resume Samples
- Actuarial Analyst Resume Sample
- Actuarial Manager Resume Sample
- Adjuster Resume Sample
- Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
- Administrative Services Coordinator Resume Sample
- Agency Recruiters Resume Sample
- Analyst Resume Sample
- Applications Specialist Resume Sample
- Appraiser Resume Sample
- Assistant Director Human Resources Resume Sample
- Assistant Personnel Officer Resume Sample
- Assistant Vice President Of Human Resources Resume Sample
- Associate Hr Director Resume Sample
- Auditor Resume Sample
- Benefits Administrator Resume Sample
- Benefits Administrator Resume Template
- Benefits And Work Comp Manager Resume Sample
- Benefits Coordinator Resume Sample
- Benefits Specialist Resume Sample
- Benefits Specialist Resume Template
- Bookkeeper Resume Sample
- Broker Resume Sample
- Business Analyst Resume Sample
- Career And Employee Relations Manager Resume Sample
- Category Manager Resume Sample
- Chief Happiness Officer Resume Sample
- Chief Human Resources Officer Resume Sample
- Claims Adjuster Resume Sample
- Claims Analyst Resume Sample
- Claims Examiner Resume Sample
- Claims Manager Resume Sample
- Claims Representative Resume Sample
- Claims Specialist Resume Sample
- Clerk Resume Sample
- Client Facing Human Resources Specialist Resume Sample
- Compensation Analyst Resume Sample
- Compensation Manager Resume Sample
- Consultant Resume Sample
- Contract Recruiter Resume Sample
- Customer Service Associate Resume Sample
- Customer Service Manager Resume Sample
- Director Of Human Resources Resume Sample
- Director Resume Sample
- District Human Resources Manager Resume Sample
- Division Manager Resume Sample
- Ecommerce Recruiter Resume Sample
- Employee Benefits Account Manager Resume Sample
- Employee Benefits Law Specialist Resume Sample
- Employee Relations Associate Counsel Resume Sample
- Employee Relations Manager Resume Sample
- Employee Relations Manager Resume Template
- Employer Relations Representative Resume Sample
- Employment Consultant Resume 1 Sample
- Employment Consultant Resume 2 Sample
- Estimator Resume Sample
- Executive Recruiter Resume Sample
- Facility Manager Resume Sample
- Field Adjuster Resume Sample
- Field Promotion Coordinator Resume Sample
- Hr Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
- HR Administrative Assistant Resume Template
- Hr And Safety Coordinator Resume Sample
- Hr Assistant Resume Sample
- HR Assistant Resume Sample
- Hr Associate Resume Sample
- HR Associate Resume Template
- Hr Business Partner Resume Sample
- Hr Compensation Coordinator Resume Sample
- Hr Director Resume Sample
- HR Director Resume Sample
- Hr Generalist Resume Sample
- HR Generalist Resume Sample
- HR Generalist Resume Template
- Hr Manager Multi-Site Resume Sample
- Hr Manager Resume Sample
- HR Manager Resume Template
- Hr Officer Resume Sample
- HR Officer Resume Template
- Hr Payroll And Benefits Specialist Resume Sample
- Hr Representative Resume Sample
- HR Representative Resume Template
- Hr Specialist Resume Sample
- Hr Team Leader Resume Sample
- Hris Analyst Resume Sample
- HRIS Analyst Resume Template
- Human Resource Recruiters Resume Sample
- Human Resources Analyst Resume Sample
- Human Resources Clerk Resume Sample
- Human Resources Clerk Resume Template
- Human Resources Staffing Coordinator Resume Template
- Human Resources Technician Resume Sample
- Insurance Account Executive Resume Sample
- Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample
- Insurance Adjuster Resume Sample
- Insurance Agent Resume Sample
- Investigator Resume Sample
- Job Placement Officer Resume Sample
- Job Posting Specialist Resume Sample
- Labor Relations Consultant Resume Sample
- Labor Relations Specialist Resume Sample
- Loss Control Consultant/Specialist Resume Sample
- Manager Is Risk And Compliance Resume Sample
- Manager Of Customer Billing Resume Sample
- Marketing Manager Resume Sample
- Office Manager Resume Sample
- Payroll Processing Specialist Resume Sample
- Personnel Consultant Resume Sample
- Plant Hr Manager Resume Sample
- Programs And Processes Manager Resume Sample
- Project Manager Resume Sample
- Recruiter Resume Sample
- Recruiting And Sourcing Coordinator Resume Sample
- Recruiting Interviewer Resume Sample
- Recruiting Manager Resume Sample
- Recruitment And Assessment Specialist Resume Sample
- Recruitment And Social Media Coordinator Resume Sample
- Risk Manager Resume Sample
- Safety Compliance And Recruitment Specialist Resume Sample
- Sales Agency Manager Resume Sample
- Sales Agent Resume Sample
- Sample Human Resources Resume 2 Sample
- Sample Human Resources Resume 3 Sample
- Senior Hr Specialist Resume Sample
- Staffing Coordinator Resume Sample
- State Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Talent Acquisition Consultant Resume Sample
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator Resume Sample
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator Resume Template
- Talent Acquisition Manager Resume Sample
- Talent Acquisition Manager Resume Template
- Technical Recruiter Resume Sample
- Training And Technical Assistance Coordinator Resume Sample
- Training Coordinator Resume Sample
- Training Coordinator Resume Sample
- Training Coordinator Resume Template
- Training Manager Resume Sample
- Training Specialist Resume Sample
- Underwriter Resume Sample
- Underwriting Manager Resume Sample
- Vice President Of Human Resources Resume Sample
- Website Content Administrator Resume Sample