When you apply for a job, you will likely make your first impression on the hiring manager through your curriculum vitae. You should craft a CV that highlights your unique qualifications and work experience to help the recruiter understand why you would be a good fit for the position. If you are ready to work on your CV but aren’t sure where to start, you can read through the procurement specialist cv template below to get an idea of what information to include and how to structure it for easy readability.
Procurement Specialist CV Template
E: robert.a.dawson@anymail T: 555-234-1009
Expert procurement specialist with experience in a wide variety of products and supply chain methodologies, including contract negotiations. Excellent problem-solving and strategic planning abilities to develop feasible workflows and allocate resources efficiently. Proficient with manual and computerized inventory records, including successful management of changeover from physical to electronic supply records. Able to multitask and learn quickly, with an excellent work ethic and dedication to accuracy.
Don’s Supply LLC.
• Perform buying duties for all departments, including meeting with suppliers and preparing for contract negotiations.
• Research new suppliers to verify product quality, and compare price lists with current vendor invoices.
• Make recommendations about new vendors when necessary to improve supply chain efficiency and meet budgetary goals.
• Attend yearly vendor conference, and document findings for presentation to management.
• Innovate new procedure for keeping inventory records current, resulting in 60 percent reduction in errors.
Don’s Supply LLC.
• Assisted purchasing manager in all procurement tasks and participated in on-the-job training.
• Prepared purchase orders for all departments, and recorded information in computerized database.
• Compared invoices and packing lists with physical shipment inventory and original order details.
• Verified quality of incoming supplies and created thorough records of any issues.
• Contacted suppliers to resolve shipment and billing discrepancies.
• Volunteered to transfer inventory and order records to electronic database system, including entering all archived documents and developing procedure for new entries.
• Received Outstanding Service Award for completing inventory database project early.
Shipping and Receiving Specialist
• Prepared packages for shipping to customers according to purchase order details and inventory.
• Maintained up-to-date database of customer information and shipment details.
• Created accurate invoices for complete shipments and transferred them to customers and accounts receivable department.
• Received incoming shipments and checked item quality and quantity against purchase order details.
• Updated inventory levels and stored incoming shipments according to warehouse procedures.
• Communicated with transportation providers, vendors, and customers to increase efficiency and resolve problems.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Business Administration in Acquisitions and Contract Management – Estimated Graduation 2018
University of Colorado, Colorado
Associate of Business Administration in Purchasing – 2012
Front Range Community College, Colorado
• In-depth understanding of supply chain concepts and familiarity with vendor contracts
• Expert-level proficiency with Intuit Quickbooks, Microsoft Access, and data entry programs
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including strategic planning
• Strong communication abilities in person and in writing
• Quick learner with good organization and time management
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy reading, especially biographies of historical figures. Most of my weekends involve practicing cooking and being with my friends. I also spend one weekend a month helping at the local homeless shelter.
Procurement Specialist CV Questions
What should you do to make sure your procurement specialist CV makes it past an ATS?
An ATS is an automatic screening tool that some employers use to sort through job applications. It stands for Applicant Tracking System. One of the best ways to ensure your CV gets past an ATS is to consult a procurement specialist CV sample that focuses on this aspect specifically.
Beyond that, you should realize that applicant tracking systems are typically based on keywords. If you use the same kind of language found in the job description, you will likely not have any issues with an ATS screening your CV.
How do you write a summary statement for a procurement specialist CV?
The summary is one of the most important sections because it acts as a hook for the document. Think about how you can catch readers’ attention and guide them to the next section. Due to the importance of the summary statement, it is a good idea to use a procurement specialist CV sample extensively when writing this section. Our resume builder can also make writing a summary effortless.
Typically, your summary statement should be about three sentences long and focus on your skills, experiences, and abilities. It is also acceptable to format it as a short bulleted list.
What goes in the qualifications section of a procurement specialist CV?
As the second section in your CV, the qualifications section is what your summary is leading readers to. Likewise, it should move them along quickly so they reach the experience section quickly. The qualifications section should be a short bullet list that includes relevant skills. You can figure out which skills are the best to include by reviewing the job description and the procurement specialist CV sample. The best qualifications sections have between four and eight bullet points so the information is easily understood at a glance.
What should your education section look like in a procurement specialist CV?
The key to writing your education section is keeping it short. This should be one of the last sections on your CV and should not take up much space on the page. As you see on the procurement specialist CV sample, the only information you should include is the name of your school, the date of graduation, and the name of your degree. You should not list your GPA unless a hiring manager requests it specifically.
What should you include about your accomplishments on your procurement specialist CV?
Describing your achievements can be a tricky aspect of writing a CV. While you can include a section dedicated to accomplishments, we recommend instead including them in your experience section, under the relevant position, as seen on the procurement specialist CV sample.
You can make your accomplishments more effective by including real metrics. This adds credibility and gives readers a better understanding of how your action made a positive impact. Describe the result of what you did in as much detail as you can.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Procurement Specialist CV
A Sample Procurement Specialist Description
If you are detail-oriented and looking for a hands-on job with interesting challenges, join our procurement team and use your skills to strengthen our supply chain. You will work with department heads, managers, and vendors to verify accuracy and pricing of incoming shipments and update purchasing records. You will also have the chance to participate in the negotiation process with new vendors and improve your own skills for career advancement opportunities. We know our procurement experts are essential to our success, so we provide a supportive team environment and encourage new ideas to increase our efficiency. Your daily schedule will include varied tasks, such as physically inspecting shipments, entering data in computer programs, and communicating with managers and suppliers. Bring us your creativity and interpersonal skills, and enjoy competitive pay, schedule flexibility, and excellent benefits.
• Assist procurement manager with the buying process, including creating purchase orders, communicating with suppliers, and verifying shipment timelines.
• Review shipments for accuracy and completeness by comparing physical items with shipping manifest, verifying invoices with purchase orders, and following up with suppliers to resolve discrepancies.
• Create detailed order documentation using computer software and manual recordkeeping practices.
• Perform regular quality inspections of incoming shipments and work with suppliers as needed to maintain compliance with stated requirements.
• Study updated price lists and perform research into new suppliers as needed to prepare for contract negotiation procedures.
• Working knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks and Microsoft Access
• Creative problem solving and analysis skills
• Detail-oriented to ensure accurate work
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Internal motivation to continually learn and improve skills
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills to develop and implement strategic plans
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Procurement Specialist CV
One way to increase your chances of making a good impression is to tailor your CV to the description of the job for which you are applying. Doing this can help a hiring manager feel confident about your potential contributions to the company, and can also show that you thoroughly understood the requirements listed in the job description. One of the first things you can do is check your Skills section to make sure it lines up with the requirements in the job listing, as shown in the procurement specialist cv template.
Many recruiters use automated programs to sort through CV submissions, and these programs often search for keywords and phrases to determine which ones to keep. When you read through the job description, look for industry-specific terminology and keywords, and make sure to include this wording in your CV. Finally, create a strong Professional Summary that highlights your relevant professional achievements. The procurement specialist cv template shows how you can use confident language to market yourself to the reader.