Many human resources departments require applicants to apply by resume, and that’s great news because it lets you put the focus on your strongest skills. Biotechnology is a highly technical field whose companies require workers with a high level of specification, and you can show that through your education or work history.
Be sure to include your contact information before proceeding into the body of the document so recruiters can reach you. Then, detail work you’ve done in the field and software you’re experienced with operating. Also, include professional or academic organizations that apply to your career in biotechnology.
Take advantage of the biotechnology entry-level resume template below to start the hunt for your next job.Create Resume
123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
Accomplished recent graduate with academic experience in Biomedical Engineering. Strengths include leading projects and learning new concepts with ease.
Programming Intern05/2012 to 07/2012
- Wrote four programs in Python that were used to query a proprietary database.
- Organized and formatted data to aid creation of the new Company Name website.
Research Assistant08/2011 to 05/2013
- Prepared buffer solutions for Nissl stains and Golgi stains.
- Provided technical assistance to the principal investigator utilizing my organization and multitasking skills.
- Worked 12 hours per week to supplement funding for education.
Bachelor of Engineering: Biomedical Engineering May 2013 Vanderbilt University— City, State
Bachelor of Science: Biomedical Engineering May 2011 Purdue University— City, State
Dean’s List Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010
Semester Honors Fall 2009, Spring 2010
IB Diploma Recipient Spring 2009
Senior Project: Senior Project Group (3 group members and I)
- Used an Xbox kinect to track the skeletal movements of endoscopists during colonoscopies.
- Tracked experts at the colonscopy and looked at their skeletal movements and compared them to the novices that we tracked to find the difference between novice endoscopists and expert ones.
- Used the Kruskal Wallis test to evaluate the data in Matlab.
ConnectDore, Vanderbilt University (August 2012)
Tutor, Self-Employed (Summer 2010)
Captain of the Vanderbilt Ultimate Frisbee Team (August 2012-May 2013)