As an executive, you have probably seen countless resumes appear in your inbox or on your desk. You know only too well the value of a professional and polished document. A resume is the paper or digital representation of any jobseeker and, as such, a powerful first impression-maker. Accordingly, we’ve collected some of the most effective executive resume samples to help you strengthen your resume as you seek to impress hiring managers and advance your career. These samples represent the writing and formatting best practices for executives. We’ve also tailored the samples to targeted jobseekers to make it easier for you to prepare your resume for a specific executive position.
Executive Resume Samples
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects hospital administrator employment to grow much faster than other occupations. If you desire a hospital administrator position, you are probably wondering how to create a resume that stands out amidst the fierce competition. Review our professional executive resume samples and you will see we have done the heavy lifting for you. This sample gives you the content and formatting guidelines you need to create a head-turning resume that advances your career.
- Executives, including human resources and business professionals, with direct experience who wish to work as a hospital administrator.
- Hospital Administrator Skills To Include:
- Advanced organization and project management skills
- Superior English language and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of business and management principles
- Human resources knowledge and experience
- Experience in employee training, supervision, and evaluation
More Information: To learn more, take a look at ourhospital administrator resume sample.
Popular Executive Resume Questions
Two pages is the standard length for resumes, while one page is adequate for entry-level positions. Executive resumes are different in nature, however. They may run to three or more pages, depending on the years of experience of the applicant. Experts recommend one page per 10 years of experience for executives. If your resume is more than two pages long, you may want to consider additional sections for your industry awards, publications, or presentations. Check out our executive resume samples for examples of expected document length.2. How do I list awards on my executive resume?
You can either list awards within your resume’s experience section or, if you have many awards, create a separate accomplishments/career successes section. Strategically, it’s better to connect an award with a professional position since it makes a greater impact upon the reader. Refer to our samples for examples of this strategy. Wherever you choose to list your awards, make sure you start with the most recent and work backwards, and note the award sponsor and year. Present each award as a bullet point without ending punctuation for ease of reading.3. What should my education section look like in an executive resume?
As the executive resume samples demonstrate, begin with your most recent entry and go backwards in time from there. It is not necessary to put dates if the entries are from a few years ago or if they create gaps in your resume. It is necessary, however, to include the name and location of the institution and the degree received. If you have professional development courses, certifications, and licenses to display on your resume, you can add them to the education section or list them in a separate section.4. How do I list references on an executive resume?
Do not include references on your executive resume. Hiring managers assume you will supply a list of references should they request one from you. If they do, format your references list to complement your resume. This creates visual consistency between the two documents. Also, refrain from using the outdated “References upon request” phrase on your resume. Focus instead on filling your document with your professional experience, skills, and accomplishments. Our executive resume samples show you how it’s done.5. What’s the best format for a resume: PDF, MS Word, or txt?
While text and MS Word formats are popular, the PDF, or Portable Document Format, is the standard format for resumes because it presents documents with visual integrity across different operating systems and platforms. However, you should always follow the format requested by the employer or hiring manager. Regardless of the type of format requested, always make sure you proofread the document for spelling and grammar errors, and check that it is free of irregular paragraph and line breaks before sending it out. It’s also a good idea to get someone else to review and proofread the document to catch errors and typos you may have missed.
Sample Resumes Category: Executive
Executive Resume TipsWhen you are in search for a new job, your resume or curriculum vitae or CV is one of the most important tools you have to focus on. Resume will function for you as your representative to all potential employers, and primarily all they want to learn about your personalities and abilities. Because of this only your resume should be written excellently. While writing a resume you have to focus on two things:
Executive Resume TemplateContact Information
- Street Address, City, State, Zip
- Phone Number
- Cell Phone Number
- Product Management
- Market Analysis
- New Product Development
- Electronic Banking
- Sales Management
- Branch Banking
- To restore the leadership of ABC Bank Ltd. in interbank online services I have created a multi-year business plan.
- Responsible for profitability and growth of ABC Bank’s $15-billion consumer portfolio.
- Developed and introduced the Investment portfolio of Bank Trust Ltd.
- Developed new investment-savings products.
- Streamlined Bank Trust account promotion tactics.
- Founded a unique research method to guide new product development.
XYZ Corporation 1997-1998 Niche Products Director
- Responsible for creating XYZ Corporation’s first effective way to package and sell it’s diverse investment product line.
- Developed interbank payment and information systems for the Flow Corporation.
- Created a re-pricing plan.
- Modified existing worldwide online payment systems.
- Developed and market tested new funds-transfer products.
- Developed a number of strategies to integrate information, payment, and security products.
Available Sample Resumes
- Assistant Vice President Resume 1 Sample
- Assistant Vice President Resume 2 Sample
- Bank President Resume Sample
- Chief Executive Officer Resume Sample
- Claims Examiner Resume Sample
- Construction Vice President Resume Sample
- Controller Resume Sample
- Executive Marketing Director Resume Sample
- Field Assurance Coordinator Resume Sample
- Hmo Administrator Resume Sample
- Hospital Administrator Resume Sample
- Insurance Claims Controller Resume Sample
- Insurance Coordinator Resume Sample
- International Controller Resume Sample
- Management Consultant Resume Sample
- Marketing President Resume Sample
- Sample Executive Resume 1 Sample
- Sample Executive Resume 2 Sample